Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Santiago


I was born (20 years ago) and bred in Santiago, so I know very well the city. I like it so much, because have a different places to visit and know that are very interesting and nice.
If someone comes to Santiago, he or she should be visit and know the different museums that the city has, like the Natural history museum, or the Belllas Artes museum, or the MIM, the Pablo Neruda’s house named “La Chascona”, etc. Also, the tourist should visit the parks of Santiago, as the Forestal park, the park of the sculptures and the Metropolitan Park in the San Cristóbal hill. If a foreigner tourist visit Santiago I would recommend him, that he should be go to the bar called “La Piojera”, also go the central market, go to sky to the snokparks as “El Colorado” or “Valle Nevado”, I recommend him that he or she eat a typical Chilean food as empanadas, or “pastel de choclo”, or drink “terremoto”.
About the things that I prefer to do in Santiago, the number one is climb the San Cristóbal hill and take photos of Santiago, in the second place it’s go to the zoo, because I love the animals (but I don’t like that they are locked in jails). Third, I love go to the National Historical museum because there are so many interesting things about our country history. Next, I would choose go to the MIM, because are very funny and you can learn so much about the science, and finally, go to shopping to Patronato, because the clothes are so cheap!
Despite of the defects and disadvantages of live in Santiago, as the pollution, that we don’t have beaches, the noise of the cars and the buses, the many buildings there are, etc ... I love Santiago, especially in winter!

1 comment:

  1. I think that empandas, pastel de choclo and terremotos are the best of Santiago, don't you? :D
    otherwise, will be so boring! xD
    Havee a nice weekend, see you! :)

    ReplyDelete