Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Books and literature


Currently, I think that the literature is very important in the lives of the people, because it helps you to maintains concentration in something, learn about spelling and in the case of childrens it helps them to develop the imagination.
I personally read books from time to time, because between so many text to read to the university and the short time that I have left to rest I don’t have a lot of time to enjoy a good book and sometimes I’m tired of read, so I don’t know how many books I read this year, but about the books that I choose to read I don’t read anyone but when I was a child I read so many books, not only the books that are required to read in the school, also I read other books by myself, because I love to read.
I prefer read books about real facts, because it’s bring you near to the reality, because the fiction it seems boring to me and I can't maintain the concentration in those books, but I like the book of mystery, because are interesting until the end of the history.
Really, I don’t have a favorite writer, but I have a favorite book, that it’s named “La fiesta Del Chivo” by Mario Vargas Llosa and It’s the last book that I read, so I really enjoy it, but it have a lot of pages, so it takes me like a month ends to read it. The history it’s about a dictator named Rafael Trujillo of República Dominicana , his murder and their consequences. This book tell the inner circle of this man, and betrayal that he committed to his closest people, and how this are transforms in revenge, and finally tell about the murder of this dictator.
I really like this book, because despite that it’s have fiction elements, it have parts of historic elements because it’s an example of the crimes that were committed in times of dictator ship in latin American and it’s a form to remember the history of the continent. So I totally recommend it and if you don’t like read, you can watch the movie of this interesting book.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read that book but it sounds great :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I will read this book! Garretón always talks about this book.
    Now I'm definetly gonna read it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mario Vargas Llosa’s books are rather long, but also very entertaining and easy to read. I have read most of his novels and I’m currently reading “Travesuras de la niña mala”. I definitely reccomend his books. I also read "La ciudad y los perros" and "Pantaleón y las visitadoras", among others. These two books have been made into very good films, so you shouldn't miss either one (the book and the film).
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

    Currently, I think that (/) literature is very important in the lives of the people, because it helps you to KEEP concentratED in something, learn about spelling and in the case of children(/), it helps them to develop theIR imagination.
    I personally read books from time to time, because between so many textS to read AT the university and the short time that I have left to rest I don’t have a lot of time to enjoy a good book and sometimes I’m/GET tired of readING, so I don’t know how many books I HAVE read this year, but REGARDING the books that I choose to read, I HAVEN’T read any(/), but when I was a child I read so many books, not only the books that are required to read in (/) school, BUT also I read other books by myself, because I love to read.
    I prefer readING books about real facts, because THEY bring you near to the reality, because the fiction (/) seems boring to me and I can't maintain the concentration in those books, but I like (/) bookS of mystery, because THEY are interesting until the end of the history.
    Really, I don’t have a favorite writer, but I have a favorite book, that Is named “La fiesta Del Chivo”, by Mario Vargas Llosa and It’s the last book that I read. (PERIOD). I really enjoyED it, but it haS TOO MANY pages, so it tOOK me like a month (/) to read it. The Story IS about a dictator named Rafael Trujillo, FROM República Dominicana , his murder and ITS consequences. This book DESCRIBES the inner circle of this man, and THE betrayal that he committed to his closest people, and how this IS transformED/TURNED inTO revenge, and finally IT tALKS about the murder of this dictator.
    I really like this book, because, despite THE FACT that IT haS fiction elements, it haS parts WITH/FULL OF historic elements AND it’s an example of the crimes that were committed in times of dictatorship in latin America(/) and it’s a WAY to remember the history of the continent. So I totally recommend it and if you don’t like readING, you can watch the movie of this interesting book.

    ReplyDelete